I have been wanting to try these cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except flour until blended.
- Beat in flour just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.